Hollywood, Fla – January 28, 2019 – PuppySpot.com, the trusted puppy placement service connecting dog lovers with screened and verified breeders nationwide, announced today its predictions for the top 10 dog breeds expected to be most popular in 2019. The Goldendoodle (a Golden Retriever-Poodle hybrid breed) leads the pack, with the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel bringing up the rear. The full list below was compiled based off the number of PuppySpot puppies placed in forever homes in 2018.
- Labrador Retriever
- German Shepherd
- Golden Retriever
- Siberian Husky
- French Bulldog
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Breed insights year-over-year include:
- The Goldendoodle and Labrador Retriever are consistently in close competition as the top two breeds in the country, with the two breeds swapping first place from 2017 to 2018.
- The friendly hound breed, the Beagle, and regal Cavalier King Charles Spaniel made surprising jumps into the top 10 from not appearing on the 2018 list.
- Toy breeds Yorkshire Terrier and Shih Tzu lost some steam from 2017 to 2018. While they appeared in the top 10 list in 2017, they didn’t make this year’s cut.
- While the classic, purebred Poodle didn’t make the list, the breed’s cross derivatives, Goldendoodle and Labradoodle, are top of the list, likely due to the combination benefits of allergy-friendly, low-shedding and good-natured personalities.
“It’s great to see diversity in the top 10 breeds in America list,” said Jonathan Cherins, Chief Executive Officer at PuppySpot. “It’s a true testament to the fact that there’s a perfect puppy out there for all different walks of life – whether small or large, purebred or hybrid, newer breed or old classic – all puppies are adorable and deserving of forever homes.”
The PuppySpot brand, with puppies at its center, is rooted in its mission of placing healthy puppies into happy homes. PuppySpot believes dogs should be celebrated, and dog owners deserve to experience certainty when searching for their new companions. PuppySpot uses a personalized approach catering to the needs of those in search of a new puppy as well as the breeders who are looking for their puppies' forever homes. For more information, visit www.PuppySpot.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.Media Contact: