We all want the best for our pets, and one way to ensure that your pets are healthy, happy, and safe is to keep an eye on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) recall list.
DIY Recipe: Dog Treats for Halloween
Here’s an idea—this Halloween, instead of just handing out candy to the children who come knocking on your door, let their accompanying pooches join in the fun, too. Here’s an easy and scrumptious recipe for dog treats that’ll be sure to put your neighbors’ “Halloween Hounds” in a spooktacular mood!
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats (Yields 25)
You will need:
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
• 2 tablespoons peanut butter
• 2 eggs
• 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
2. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, yet dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Use a cookie-cutter or knife to cut the dough into Halloween-themed shapes.
3. Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes. (Optional: Decorate with pet-safe icing and food coloring.)
4. Let cool and serve to four-legged trick-or-treaters!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes