Since a Doodle is any breed crossed with a Poodle and there are 340 officially recognized breeds, there are 340 Doodle types. However, for Brevity's sake, we’ve only included the most popular types of Doodle below:
- The Goldendoodle first appeared in the late 1990s when breeders attempted to create a larger alternative to small fashionable dogs, like the Cockapoo. Like the Golden Retriever, Goldendoodles possess high levels of affection, intelligence, and energy. However, like the Standard Poodle, Goldendoodles also flaunt a soft, curly and hypoallergenic coat.
- Labradoodles are athletic, well-mannered and a joy to be around. Like the Labrador Retriever, Labradoodle need plenty of exercise and attention. Likewise, like the Standard Poodle, Labradoodle's coat also requires regular grooming.
- Goofy, gentle and always loyal, Bernedoodles boast the best traits of both the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Standard Poodle - they are athletic, well-mannered and a joy to be around, but they also need plenty of exercise and lots of attention.
- Intelligent, focused and eager to please, Aussiedoodles are a crossbreed that combine the best characteristics of two of the smartest breeds in the world - the Australian Shepherd, and the Standard Poodle. These intelligent working dogs flaunt a keen herding instinct, a kind temperament and an easy to love personality.
- Adaptable, gentle and just a little clownish, the Sheepadoodle is a super trainable, super lovable crossbreed that combines the best characteristics of two of the most loyal breeds in the world, the Old English Sheepdog, and the Standard Poodle.
- Friendly, outgoing and sweet, the Bichonpoos is an adorable lap dog that is too nice not to fall in love with. Bichonpoos are a crossbreed of a Bichon and a Miniature Poodle, which means they are as sweet as they are smart.
- Known by its owners as a living teddy bear, the Double Doodle is a delightful crossbreed and beloved family companion. Big, fluffy, and goofy, these adorable-looking doggos are as soft on the inside as they are on the outside.
- Affectionate, kind and easily trainable these crossbreeds share many characteristics with their parental breeds. Like the King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, Cavapoos are high-spirited love everyone they meet. They adore playing with children and even enjoy living with other animals.
- The Havapoo is fun-loving, tiny people-pleaser that combines the best features of two breeds, the majestic Havanese and the intelligent Miniature Poodle. These extroverted canines love to be the center of attention and to snuggle up to their favorite person.
- High-spirited, active and sweet, the Irish Doodle is an eager-to-please crossbreed with a heart bigger than the Irish Sea. The Irish Doodle is a crossbreed of the keen and friendly Irish Setter and the smart and loyal Poodle.
- The feisty offspring of a Lhasa Apso and a Poodle, the Lhasapoo is diminutive pooch with a larger than life personality. Born with the attitude of a much larger dog, Lhasapoos don’t seem to realize how small they are and probably wouldn't care even if they did.
- Maltipoos are intelligent and easy to train - they quickly learn commands and have little trouble housebreaking. Apartment and family living are no problem for the Maltipoo, these lap dogs are never happier than when they are snuggled up next to their favorite person.
- Kind, affectionate and endlessly patient, the Newfypoo is a gentle crossbreed and a devoted family companion. Like its parents, the mighty Newfoundland and the intelligent Poodle, the Newfypoo is one canine that’s as large as they are smart.
- Dignified, affectionate, and intelligent, Peekapoo are the adorable offspring of Pekingese and a Miniature Poodle. These noble canines come in a variety of colors, but no matter the color, Peekapoos are always cute, affectionate, and alert.
- The feisty offspring of a Pomeranian and a Miniature Poodle, the Pomapoo is diminutive pup with a larger than life personality. Adorable, adaptable and affectionate, the Pomapoo is an affable canine that is too sweet not to love.
- Combining the intelligence of both the Miniature Schnauzer and the Poodle, Schnoodles are as bold as they are friendly. They are highly trainable, learn quickly and are capable of astounding feats of obedience.
- Adaptable, intelligent, and loyal, the Shepadoodle is a super trainable, super lovable crossbreed that combines the best characteristics of two of the most loyal breeds in the world, the German Shepherd and the Standard Poodle.
- Outgoing, friendly and intelligent, Shihpoos are the adorable offspring of Shih Tzu and a Miniature Poodle. These curly canines come in a variety of colors, but no matter what color they are, Shihpoos are always cute, affectionate, and alert.
- Adaptable, compact and delightfully intelligent, Yorkiepoos are the perfect city-dwelling companion, and well-suited to apartment living. If you’re in the market for a fearless little lapdog, you won't find a better companion than a Yorkiepoo.
- Trainable, gentle and playful. They are great playmates, always eager to play and sport a gorgeous silky coat. Like the Poodle, Cockapoos are loyal, intelligent and hypoallergenic