Most teacup dog breeds are variants of breeds that are already small, such as the Yorkie, or the Maltese. Not all breeds can be teacup dogs, but here are five that are the most popular:
- Teacup Poodle - Teacup Poodles are known to be exceptionally affectionate with their owners and make fantastic canine companions. They are highly intelligent, exceptionally sweet and well adapted to apartment living.
- Teacup Yorkie - Hypoallergenic, compact and delightfully intelligent, Yorkies are the perfect city-dwelling companion. Teacup Yorkies are so well-suited to apartment living that they are frequently recognized as the most popular dog breed in cities across the country.
- Teacup Pomeranian -Tiny, bright-eyed, and spunky, the adorable Pomeranian is endless curious, and more than happy to be the cutest thing in your world. One of the most popular breeds in the world, Teacup Pomeranians are surprisingly adaptable and perfectly suited for urban living.
- Teacup Maltese - Cute, cuddly and compact, the Teacup Maltese combines all the traits of the perfect canine companion. These little charmers are surprisingly adaptable, wickedly cute, endearing bold, and love to be loved for hours on end.
- Teacup Chihuahua - Charming, graceful and just a little sassy, Chihuahuas are one of the most recognizable breeds in the world. Teacup Chihuahuas are very small, but they’re known to have big personality.